11.29.2004

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes on Saturday. That meant the dogs didn't wake us up
at 6:30 to let them out.

I got up and noticed that Hanna wasn't laying on the bed next to Jen. She is ``always`` on
the bed in the morning.

Less than two minutes after I got up I get a phone call. "This is the DeForest Family
Restraunt. You have two dogs wandering out in front of our building. They are being nice
to some people... and not nice to others."

I throw some clothes on tell Jen what is going on and head out. I make it to the living
room when I realize that the front door is standing wide open. Near as I can figure the
last person in from smoking the night before didn't shut the door tight.

I raced over to the DFR where I see our two dogs trotting around liked escaped lions. As I
pulled in Wrinkles makes his way over to the car. I don't think he realized it was me. He
seemed startled when I called his name. Both dogs love to go for car rides and the few
times they have freed themselves we usually coax them into the car where we can leash
them.

Wrinkles ran up to the open car door, stopped, sniffed, and turned to run off. I grabbed
him around the waist and got my right arm under his chest and lifted his front up into the
car and threw his back legs in after him.

Shutting the door my attention focused on Hanna who had sat and watched while Wrinkles was
gathered into the Subaru. Hanna came immediately to her name being called and jumped into
the re-opened car door.

After pulling the car into a parking stall I went in and thanked Natalie for going out and
reading Hanna's tags and then the lady who had called us.

<sappyEnding>That's what I'm thankful for this holiday weekend</sappyEnding>

No comments: