9.13.2004

Engine work ...

My brother John wants to borrow the Acura this weekend to run the two day invitational at Jefferson Speedway. We took the head off the car yesterday to see if we could decipher the cause of the miss we developed this weekend. We got it apart and damned if we didn't find much of anything wrong. Lots of carbon but, that's to be expected I guess.

I contacted the good folks at Polk Diesel & Machine in De Forest in the hopes that they could get some engine work done before the weekend so that John could run the car. The cylinder head will be resurfaced and the valves ground and hopefully we'll get it back on Thursday in time to get it back together for racing on Friday.

Jen and I will be out of town this weekend visiting one member of my blog-dience.



No comments: