9.27.2004

[Mozilla 1.0 PR] Yellow Background in HTTPS mode

A new feature of Mozilla 1.0 PR ('Preview Release') sets the background of the address bar to yellow when you visit a secure site.

This feature put me off. If I needed to know whether I was in https or http I would just look at the damn prefix. That's just my opinion though.

There is a way around this though, as pointed out by a co-worker, Chris. There is a CSS file you can edit. Adding the code below, stolen from MozillaZine Forums, will set the background color back to white for HTTPS sites.


/* un-yellow the secure urlbar background */

#urlbar[level="high"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container,

#urlbar[level="low"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container,

#urlbar[level="broken"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container {
background-color: white !important;
}


This file was located here on my WinXP machine:
C:\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\chrome

Any questions? Lemme know.

No comments: